1. To promote and maintain friendly relations between The United States of America and Brazil.
2. To provide for the celebration of days of remembrance such as Thanks giving, Fourth of July, and other holiday traditional to United States citizens.
3. To receive and entertain officials and visitors from the United States.
4. To aid and assist newly arrived United States citizens by providing information which helps orient them in their new surroundings.
5. To promote charitable, social, cultural, and athletic activities of interest to the U.S. community in São Paulo.
6. To provide emergency aid to United States citizens who become destitute in Brazil, based on a resolution of the Board of Governors.